Customary Land Leases
Land registration is the action or process of ‘recording the details or particulars of a piece or parcel of land’.
- Name of the registered lessee
- Type & names of other person having an interest over the subject area (i.e. a Mortgagor)
- Area that the lessee has the interest over
- Customary Land registration is the action or process of ‘recording the customary details or particulars of a piece or parcel of land’.
- It must not be misconstrued as land alienation as what many perceive it to be.
Customary land registration attempts to record the following particulars: -
- OWNERSHIP RIGHTS
- Boundary rights
- User rights
- Occupational rights
- Easement rights
- Succession rights
Incorporated Land Group; who wish to voluntarily Register their customary Land should submit their application together with the following attachments
- Completed Customary Land Registration application form
- Copy of Incorporated Land Group Certificate
- Proposed plan compiled by a Registered Surveyor
- On receiving these, a file is opened using ILG name and LAND name.
I can’t find an answer to my question ...
We understand that in some circumstances you may have questions which aren’t covered on our website. The best way to make contact with an authorised representative at the Department of Lands and Physical Planning, is through our online support platform. You may submit an enquiry to have your question(s) answered.